Sunday, May 14, 2006

My First Day in Mt. Roskill Grammar.

When I woke up, excited about going to school, I noticed it was just 6.17 a.m., and school starts at 9.00 a.m. although I have to be there at 8:30 a.m.. Mr. Lett is going to give me the map of the school and show me my form class for roll-check.

Their uniform consist of a rich-chilly blue wool jersey with the school's emblem (golden pheonix with the latin word 'Sursum', meaning to the heights), white long-sleeve blouse (or there are other options as well: short-sleeve blouse with the emblem on the collar or the school light blue blouse), A-line navy blue short skirt (or you can choose pleated, or full-length), black pantyhose (or white socks or navy blue pantyhose) and black leather shoes (required by the school).

Get this: I have to find my classes for every subject. And, I don't fancy going from one end to the other end of the school, especially in the rain.

For the first few days, I had been carrying my heavy red bag around with my 'water tank', 'coz I have no locker. That was before I met Karen in my English class.

So, on my first day, as I was walking to school, I met up with Ira, a Year 10 girl who got kicked out from her previous school because of a fight with another girl and also of 'wagging' (means, skipping/cutting classes).

She told me prefects are useless. The guys either says 'shut up' and then don't bother, and the girls say 'shush' and well, just gives you 'the glare'. For a Year 10 student, Ira is taller than me. She is a Syrian (I think), eurpean look: brown hair, brown eyes, tollable (I'm not sure if this is a word... if it's offensive, then I apologise for using it) skin.

She introduced me to Natalie, her cousin and Fiona Ting (caucasian), her friend.

Then, I had English. Met Karen and Caryn.

During Chem, I met Tracy and Saru and Elaine and Daphney. Tracy welcomed me into her group of friends: Eleanor, Amerdin, Shaman and Catelina. We had lunch together. I did not really click with Amerdin and Shaman, eventhough they are fun ppl to be around. We just all need some getting use to.

I am quite fond of Mrs. Phillips. She's the woman in B1 Resourse Centre, in charge of books, clothing and stationary. She's so sweet and kind, keeps calling me 'love' and asking me if I'm doing fine.

Aaaww.

In Math A, I sat with Ceya. She has a twin who I have yet to meet and I was sitting opposite the 'Best Coach of the Year'! Megan! She plays soccer and Ceya plays soccer. And Lynli plays hockey, tennis and something else. Everyone here is so sports orientated, but too bad for me, the trials are already closed.

I wanna join netball. However, I need to deal with my studies first.

Everyone here is so frank and honest.

Oh, and there is Janice, Tracy's friend. She swears a lot and when I was swarmed away by a crowd, momentarily seperated from them, she asked, "Where the fuck is Alyce?" And she always say that her friends are once men, referring to all her girl friends. She's an Indian if any of you would like to know.

She did specifically enunciated that her boyfriend 'is a real boy'. I believe that.

Karen is pretty popular. Haha, pretty and popular. Oh yea, Amy is her bestie and Ben is Amy's bf. I told him, "Don't break her heart, ok?" He did not exactly promised me he won't, but he knows not to. Besides, if he did, Eleanor (a Singaporean) will beat him up for her.

The pureness of frendships.

Oh, yes. They had a production as well - 'Footloose'. I had no chance to see it, 'coz the tickets are sold out and the production will start on that very night of my first day in school.

I wouldn't want to download MSN. Distracting me from my studies.

No comments: