Thursday, April 27, 2006

Weird

I felt a little weird after I've went to Mount Roskill Community Library.

Factors contributing to the strangeness I felt:
(A) One measly floor. Although it's spacious with plenty of computers, tables and seats, the books are far less than what I've expected.
(B) Number of books. Most of the shelfs are half full.
(C) Restricted internet access. I understand the need to restrict ppl from going to 'kinky' sites to avoid 'touching' with viruses, but not allowing us to go to Google, Yahoo and Hotmail??!! There's a catch: Access to the sites you want, you pay $1 every 30 minutes.
(D) The shelves. It's my height.
(E) It's rather noisy.

There are good points.
(A) Printing, photocopying is permissible
(B) Up-to-date (almost anyway) magazine section.
(C) Large array of children books
(D) Many large-screen and slim computers (all of them computers), allows pen-drive access.
(E) Quite systematic
(F) Many seating areas. The seats have cushions. ;)

It IS afterall a COMMUNITY library. Perhaps they rely on ppl's donations?

No comments: